Monday, November 13, 2017

The Space Between

Today I am missing the best friend I ever had. I could tell her or ask her anything and she always told me the truth about what she thought and did so in a way that showed that he understood me. She cared not to hurt my feelings if she could avoid it and that made her valuable to me. I needed a trusted adviser and friend. For many years she was my best friend.

I barely know her anymore and that's totally fine with me. Her life is must better without me in it and she has everything she ever wanted.

But I have a question I need to get her to answer.

Well to be fair. I need her opinion. This is the first in a long time that I wish I could go back in time and ask her for her advice about something like I could always do back in the old days. She is the only one who's opinion ever really mattered to me because her intellect was so razor sharp. Scarily so. I am sure everyone has someone like that or once had someone like that in their lives.

Not a big deal. I will do what I think she would advise me to do and trust it is the right thing to do. Sorry to vent. I just got melancholy for the days when this would be a topic of conversation.



No comments: