Thursday, October 5, 2017

Legends Of Tomorrow Roll The Dice

I love a goofy time travel story and this looks goofy. Of course they only have contact with famous people which makes it even stupider but just what I need to see right now. This show needs to be more like a comic book. and sometimes when a comic book is dying they bring in a fresh idea that gets interest in the characters again. They usually put the team in a ridiculous situation and mine it for all the comedy and action that they can. It's brought many a comic book to life and it will work here if it's done right but action, comedy and a bit of drama is tough to mix in the right proportions. But I will watch to see if it holds my attention. I am glad to see it move in this direction.

 
 


2 comments:

Tim Knight said...

Thanks for the plug, brother! I love all the DCTV superhero shows, each has something going for it, each has its area of expertise... and for the Legends it's the sheer goofiness of unrestricted comic book time travel.

While limited by TV budgets, they take their ideas and run with them as far as the budget allows (and often just a bit further).

I'm also hoping eventually that their frequent visits to the Wild West will result in a Jonah Hex spin-off...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I loved TIMELESS as you did so it's the interesting Time Travel stuff that I find the most interesting.

Jonah Hex should be a supernatural wild west show.