Thursday, August 17, 2017

My Life With The Baroness

I had the best pet ownership day since I adopted Baroness Frosty. This cat has been impossible to please. She goes around this house making a noise that only sounds like disapproval. She only stops making the noise when you do something she likes like petting her. She has not interest in boxes except the ratty one in the kitten but she is souring on it and will not sleep on a blanket or a pillow or a cat bed no matter how fancy or which celebrity has endorsed the product. She... will sleep with me but only in the very corner of the bed where I can't reach her. She does not approach me for love but can purr like a jet engine if she is in the mood for it. She won't eat human food or even beg for it. She will let me trim ONE and ONLY nail a day. She will have nothing to do with wet catfood but will choke down FIVE and ONLY five Temptations cat treats but she does it under protest. She will chase the tin foil ball but will not return it. I have no idea how a lazer pointer will be treated by her. I can predict NOTHING with this cat.

So you can see that she is not easy to make happy. But yesterday I did something that made her happier and more relaxed then I have ever seen her or expected to. I was washing the floor and I rolled up the bathroom rug and put it near the kitchen. Immediately she took to it and it has become her platform of choice for sleeping or for a general time out ever since. I know it's too early to call this a victory of sorts but I am taking it and getting a new rug for the bathroom. Now she has a space she likes where she wants it to be. She is in the center of the action buty doesn't have to participate in it if she doesn't want too. Currenlty she is dead asleep on her rug.
 

 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

FINALLY, she has a bed that befits her status as a Baroness! So cute.

DrGoat said...

Every kitty is his or her own personality. A nice requiem for Admiral and Wellington. Life is good occasionally, enjoy.